[Haskell-beginners] best performance with foldl

David Johnson djohnson.m
Sun Oct 6 13:28:39 UTC 2013

Roland, in this case using the strict version of foldl' would give you
better performance, but to really reach C speed equivalence, I would check
out the vector package and read the stream fusion article.

Here is an example that fits your scenario:

https://gist.github.com/dmjio/6166076

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 6:38 AM, Roland Lei?a <leissa at cs.uni-saarland.de>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> for a benchmark I'd like to write code like this:
>     foldl (+) [0 100000000]
>
> how do I get the best performance out of it? However, It is important for
> me
> to rely on a higher-order function. Is it possible to be en par with the C
> version?
>     int64_t result = 0;
>     for (int64_t i = 0; i <= 100000000; ++i)
>         result += i;
>
> Many thanks in advance for helping out,
> Roland

Cell: 1.630.740.8204