[Haskell-beginners] Haskell book

Michael Loegering mloegering
Tue Oct 1 15:46:17 UTC 2013

I am looking for a general Haskell book with syntax reference to
self-teach. I have a computer science background, so technical and
theoretical is fine. Something similar in size and scope as the Camel book
is to perl would be ideal - covering basic language idioms, with a decent
language reference, but by no means exhaustive.

I have looked at Learn You a Haskell and Real World Haskell online, both of
which were accessible but were difficult to follow beyond the basics. I'm
not sure if it's the organization of the material or just the learning
curve, so I'm open to both if these are hands-down the favorites.

Thanks,
-Mike