[Haskell-beginners] How to improve lazyness of a foldl (and memory footprint)

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Thu May 16 00:02:07 CEST 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013 14:55:43 +0200, Giacomo Tesio <giacomo at tesio.it> wrote:

> Turned out that I didn't need fold at all, just a proper groupBy.
>
> As for these lines
>
> module Main (
>>
>>     main
>>
>> ) where
>>

> they were generated by Leksah. Do you suggest to remove them? And what
> about Leksah as an IDE: do you use it?

I do not know whether or not these lines will give you problems; you
simply do not need them. I use Geany as IDE. My main problem with Leksah
is that you can not open files with drag and drop or clicking on a .hs
file in the file manager (Windows). Geany has serious problems too; I have
to look for another IDE.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--