[Haskell-beginners] Diagrams brain twister

Adrian May adrian.alexander.may at gmail.com
Wed May 15 05:06:28 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to draw a picture with diagrams (this isn't the gantt chart I
was talking about before.)

I have a load of objects strewn around a diagram according to their own
sweet logic, and for *some* of them, I want to draw a horizontal line going
from the right hand edge of the object to some globally fixed x coordinate,
call it the "margin". So those lines are all different lengths because the
objects are all over the place, but their right-hand ends should all be
aligned vertically.

This seems quite hard, because that sweet logic is already quite
complicated and local to a set of objects in the immediate neighbourhood of
the object in question. Somehow I have to tease out a selection of them and
process each of them into this line whose properties depend on where the
object is from the global perspective.

But how?

Adrian.