[Haskell-beginners] Writing a custom pop function for a stack data type

divyanshu ranjan idivyanshu.ranjan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 11:53:43 CET 2013

You have declared new data type mystack not Stack, so haskell compiler
could not find Stack data type and its constructors. Secondly data type in
Haskell need to be start with capital letters like

data Mystack = Empty | Elem Char Mystack deriving Show
then correct Function definition is
pophead :: Mystack -> Char

Regards
Divyanshu