[Haskell-beginners] Performance problem with Haskell/OpenGL/GLFW

Jesper Särnesjö sarnesjo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 22:11:36 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Andrey Yankin <yankin013 at gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAIK glfw-b uses its own version of glfw which is built during setup.
> There is a makefile inside the package.

GLFW-b does indeed bundle its own version of the GLFW C library [1],
version 2.7.3 as of right now. This is why it can be installed without
first installing the C library on your system.

However, this is not the library that Test2.hs (nor test2.c) links
against. In fact, that program does not use GLFW-b at all, but rather
simply declares a few entry points with C calling convention that
should be there at linking time. I did this only to be able to rule
out any problem with GLFW-b.

> Can't reproduce this error on Arch.

I got the change to run my code on a Windows 7 machine, and didn't see
the problem there either. This seems to be specific to Haskell on Mac
OS X.

--
Jesper Särnesjö
http://jesper.sarnesjo.org/