[Haskell-beginners] Inconsistencies in type inference

Frerich Raabe raabe at froglogic.com
Wed Jun 26 09:47:16 CEST 2013

Am 6/25/2013 8:45 PM, schrieb Brent Yorgey:
> I should add that it is recommended to disable the monomorphism
> restriction, by putting
>
>    :set -XNoMonomorphismRestriction
>
> in your .ghci file.  It has very dubious benefits and usually only
> serves to confuse.

Hm, this is interesting. To me, most of the extensions are in the "crazy
stuff only the profesionalls use" category - I successfully tip-toed
around them so far. :-)

Are there other extensions which people would consider to be "generally
good to have, unless you know a good reason *not* to enable them"?

Frerich Raabe - raabe at froglogic.com
www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing