[Haskell-beginners] How to remove leading and trailing non-alpha characters, and multiple consecutive spaces?

Denis Kasak denis.kasak at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 01:21:52 CEST 2013

On 7 June 2013 01:14, Tim Perry <tim.v2.0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Denis' version doesn't work for names containing hyphens or apostrophes. The
> original works for both....  However, the original explicitly assumes there
> are always at least two names and gives erroneous data if there are more
> than two. Output below shows the failure on hyphenated names.

Well, yes, I explicitly did not want to dwell on my (potential)
implicit assumptions and just handled the cases that where visible in
the problem example or were made explicit by the original poster.
Adding additional special behaviour for hypens and apostrophes would
be trivial, though, by further modifying the isAlphaOrSpace predicate
to include the new special characters.

--
Denis Kasak