[Haskell-beginners] Lens

Emmanuel Surleau emmanuel.surleau at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 07:09:43 CEST 2013

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the link to the video. I watched the first half yesterday, and
it's definitely content rich. But the overall design of the library is
starting to make sense now. The reason it doesn't work for Sets (and I
assume any similar structure like hashmaps) is because, depending on the
implementation of Eq on the item the Set is parametrized on and the field
being modified, you could accidentally remove another item - and this would
be a BAD THING, since applying a setter on a traversal is basically
"fmap++" and fmap doesn't let you remove things. Is this correct?

Also, thanks for the traversal example with the list, that's certainly
going to be useful.

Cheers,

Emm