[Haskell-beginners] exception, not in IO

Kees Bleijenberg k.bleijenberg at lijbrandt.nl
Sun Jul 14 20:07:08 CEST 2013

Lyndon,

You wrote:
You can turn anything into an IO action with return, or you could catch the exception at a level where you are performing IO. Would this be what you're after?

Wait until you perform IO, seems quit uneasy to me and why? Converting a string to a typeable is not a IO action. Problem is that this function lives in a dll. The IO is done by the calling program (not a Haskell program). The function is not in a monad, it is a pure function. So I think I can’t do a return.

Kees