[Haskell-beginners] Cabal problems

Sergey Bushnyak sergey.bushnyak at sigrlami.eu
Thu Jan 10 22:40:22 CET 2013

On 01/10/2013 04:37 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Sergey Bushnyak
> <sergey.bushnyak at sigrlami.eu <mailto:sergey.bushnyak at sigrlami.eu>> wrote:
>
>     Isn't it better to send patch with corrections to maintainer?
>

> It is, but if the packages haven't been updated for new-style
> exceptions by now, they're probably effectively unmaintained.  Do you
> want to take over maintainership?
>
> --
> brandon s allbery kf8nh sine nomine associates
> allbery.b at gmail.com <mailto:allbery.b at gmail.com>
> ballbery at sinenomine.net <mailto:ballbery at sinenomine.net>
> unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad http://sinenomine.net
I don't want to take over maintainership, area of my interest is
slightly different and not covering games at all. Recently, I stumbled
at this kind of problem  by myself. I wrote to maintainer, submit patch
and it's work now for new ghc.

The thing we should talk here, that cabal shouldn't even show package in
install list, that don't builds on users current compiler. This
information can be seen at hackage, but there still a lot of work is
going on new hackage, which would be more accurate continuous
integration portal.

In this situation I always get sources and correct by myself.
Maintainership policy is very controversial subject and discussed
regularly in community.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Bushnyak