[Haskell-beginners] Cabal problems

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 05:48:26 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Sergey Bushnyak <
sergey.bushnyak at sigrlami.eu> wrote:

> Shu-thing.hs:4:27:
>     Module
>     `Control.Exception'
>     does not export
>     `Exception(ExitException)'
> Shu-thing-1.1.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
> ExitFailure 1
>
> What version of ghc and cabal are you using? shu-thing builds on ghc-6.8
> and failed on ghc-7.*. Package probably broken and need to be updated, due
> to changes in other packages.

The other package that changed is base; it's still using old-style
exceptions.  I thought someone was going to package up old-exceptions and
put it on hackage for backward compatibility, but I don't see it there.
 Same with the other package they tried to install.