[Haskell-beginners] unix-2.6.0.1 fails to build on the current haskell platform on the mac

Miguel Negrao miguel.negrao-lists at friendlyvirus.org
Wed Feb 27 11:35:26 CET 2013

Hi

I’m trying to install iCalendar which depends on some package which depends on unix-2.6.0.1. unix-2.6.0.1 does not build on the mac with ghc 7.4. The issue has been reported at http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/7359, but I don’t think it’s fixed yet. It appears unix-2.6.0.1 works fine with ghc 7.6.1 but the current haskell platform comes with 7.4. What are my options ? Should I install ghc 7.6 ? If I do that what else do I have to install/update to make everything functional again ?

best,
Miguel
http://www.friendlyvirus.org/miguelnegrao/