[Haskell-beginners] Building with shared libraries on OS X

James Nelson zaydana at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 03:17:24 CET 2013

Hi,

I've been trying to install Haskell in such a way that I can compile things with the -dynamic option on an OS X machine.

It seems that with the standard Haskell Platform, the shared versions of libraries are not included, so enabling the "shared" option in ~/.cabal/config doesn't work.

I've tried installing haskell-platform from scratch with homebrew (with and without --devel), and this hasn't worked either

Finally, I've tried re-installing Haskell Platform with the provided .dmg from scratch, but I get errors like:

- Perhaps you haven't installed the "dyn" libraries for package `text-0.11.2.3'?
- Codec/Zlib.hs:47:8:
    Could not find module `Codec.Compression.Zlib'
    Perhaps you haven't installed the "dyn" libraries for package `zlib-0.5.4.0'?

Is there any way to add the shared libraries to everything included in haskell platform for OS X?

Regards,
James