[Haskell-beginners] interface/abstract class: what is the haskell way?

Emmanuel Touzery etouzery at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:51:26 CET 2013

Thank you. I think a record of functions is a nice way.
I would write the implementation of the record in each module. I would have
this record to be the outside API to my module, all other functions would
be hidden.

But that way I must still have public getEventProvider() function which
returns the record, that I call by convention without some compiler
enforcement, which doesn't sound right.

I think what I am trying to achieve is a very common problem and I maybe
suggested a bit too strongly how I would code it in OO languages, maybe it
should be arranged completely differently in idiomatic haskell?

Otherwise which Oleg as you talking about, maybe I would read that original
post too.

Thank you!

Emmanuel