[Haskell-beginners] Is Cons in the Haskell Module Library

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Sun Dec 22 20:38:42 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 12:23:42PM -0500, Patrick Lynch wrote:
> Good morning,
> I'm going through Graham Hutton's link on Category Theory [and yes I understand that you needn't study CT in order to use Haskell] and he uses Cons.
> I realize that Cons may be a synonym for ':'.
> But can someone tell me how to search the Haskell Library to find the module containing Cons?
> Thank you and Merry Christmas

Are you asking how to find the definition of (:) in Haskell? (It is
special built-in syntax.)  Or are you asking how to find out what
Graham Hutton means by 'Cons'?  In the latter case, you will have to
tell us exactly where in his notes to look, because out of context it
is impossible to tell.

-Brent