[Haskell-beginners] setting up haskell-mode in gnu-emacs (OSX)

Jack Henahan jhenahan at uvm.edu
Thu Dec 12 01:13:45 UTC 2013

You might not have the right package archive available. Try

    M-x package-list-packages

And then see if haskell-mode is listed. If not, you’ll need to add

    require 'package)
    (add-to-list 'package-archives
        '("marmalade" .
          "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/"
    ))
    (package-initialize)

to your .emacs (or the equivalent statement for MELPA).