[Haskell-beginners] How Haskell Fits Into an Operating System / API Environment

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Aug 20 10:11:39 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:52:20PM +0200, Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:18:11 +0200, Magnus Therning
> <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>
> >There are also a few articles on Erlang, and I believe there's good
> >reason to believe the results with that language can be transferred to
> >other "languages without assignment".
> >
> >- Productivity gains with Erlarng
> >  http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1362710
> >  slides: http://is.gd/BgGZyh
> >  (behind a paywall, I haven't found a freely available copy)
> >

> For free:
>   "Four-fold Increase in Productivity and Quality"
>   Ulf Wiger, FemSYS 2001, Munich
>   http://www.erlang.se/publications/Ulf_Wiger.pdf

Thanks!  I was trying to find that paper yesterday, but apparently my
google-fu isn't as strong as yours ;)

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay