[Haskell-beginners] How Haskell Fits Into an Operating System / API Environment

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 23:26:50 CEST 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Philippe Sismondi <psismondi at arqux.com>wrote:

> My sense is that most of us who produce software are less interested in
> error-free software than in overall productivity. There is an enormous
> amount of highly useful software out there that contains all kinds of both
> known and as yet undiscovered bugs. In other words, I propose that the
> perfect is the enemy of the good here.

I have several security lists (and victims of the reported security issues)
and several rather large sectors of industry (financial and medical, to
name two) which are increasingly realizing that this attitude isn't viable
any more. It is becoming increasingly obvious that "productivity is more
important than error-free" leads to very expensive reparations down the
road.