[Haskell-beginners] Text.XML.writeFile question

Alan Buxton alanbuxton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 10:06:14 CEST 2013

Thanks David. Spot on.

From: Beginners [mailto:beginners-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of David
McBride
Sent: 12 August 2013 21:52
To: The Haskell-Beginners Mailing List - Discussion of primarily
beginner-level topics related to Haskell
Subject: Re: [Haskell-beginners] Text.XML.writeFile question

When you use overloadedstrings, it will type all literal strings as IsString
a => a as a type.  Unfortunately your tsString is not a literal, it is a run
time function that always returns a string and a string is not a filepath.

You should be able to do fmap fromString tsString, provided you import
Data.String.