[Haskell-beginners] How best to do this?

David McBride toad3k at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 17:57:38 CEST 2013

I think it is because that syntax is desugared directly to enumFromTo
x y and enumFromTo 3 0 is [].  Random things would probably blow up if
you make that function work in reverse.  But I would love it if ghc
just checked whether the first was lower than the second and swapped
them as a convenience.