[Haskell-beginners] Editor choices

Jeff Lasslett jeff.lasslett at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 01:45:08 CEST 2013

Greetings,

So I find myself playing around with XMonad source code.  I'm a long time
Vim user and I've made  a tags file to help me navigate the source code.
 I've got decent syntax highlighting.

What I lack is insight into the libs.  I'd like the editor/IDE to tell me
the type of a thing, or at least the module it is defined in.  Is this a
sensible question for haskell?  I just don't want to have to hunt for where
lib functions are defined (tags take me around the xmonad sources with
drama).

So what editors/IDEs to people use for haskell to help with this?  Or do
you all just keep everything in your massive brains?  :-)

Cheers,
Jeff