[Haskell-beginners] Vertices and Indices

Adrian May adrian.alexander.may at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 10:12:12 CEST 2013

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at the OpenGL stuff in Haskell and one thing is worrying me.
Doing OpenGL in the past I used to pass an array of vertices to the GPU and
then a list of indices into that array together with a method of joining
them up, e.g. TriangleStrip. In Haskell though, it seems like I'm just
supposed to send a list of vertices and the method, meaning that lots of
vertices get duplicated. Is Haskell doing something clever under the hood
here or is it really that wasteful? Or can I persuade it to use these index
lists?

TIA,
Adrian.