[Haskell-beginners] Comfortable handling of module hierarchies

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Sun Sep 16 14:20:23 CEST 2012

Excerpts from damodar kulkarni's message of Sun Sep 16 12:37:41 +0200 2012:
> Do you know any document pointing out the rationale behind this decision
> about modules taken by the Haskell designers?

While I don't know about the rationale behind this particular decision,
Haskell's module system is purposely quite simple.  Languages like ML
have more complicated module systems which allow the sort of things that
you mentioned (and more!) but while they are more expressive they are also
more complicated.

Edward