[Haskell-beginners] cyclic imports

Chaddaï Fouché chaddai.fouche at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 01:24:55 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Christopher Howard <
christopher.howard at frigidcode.com> wrote:

> As a point of curiosity, at least, I'm wondering why GHC does not allow
> mutally-dependent imports, as recursive dependencies doesn't seem to be
> a problem in any other area of Haskell. And I'm wondering if there is
> some kind of trick to get around this and allow the cyclic dependency.

Allowing mutually-dependent imports in all generality would complicate the
task of GHC name resolution and type inference but if you're ready to do a
bit more work, you can have cyclic dependency with an hs-boot file, see GHC
doc :
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/separate-compilation.html#mutual-recursion

--
Jedaï