[Haskell-beginners] sometimes Haskell isn't what you want

Darren Grant therealkludgy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 22:21:11 CEST 2012

Just adding another perspective: I developed the AI for a complex
turn-based strategy game in C++. By the end of the process I found
that I was not only continually repeating myself due to the language
syntax because I needed a *lot* of specialized list manipulations, but
I was also effectively composing pure functions.

This made me think that it could be much more effective to develop AI
in a functional language. There's no way I could do this with Haskell
presently as I am still struggling to approach all problems from the
FP perspective first, but I do think there is the potential.

Cheers,
Darren