[Haskell-beginners] Prolog

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Tue Oct 30 07:08:20 CET 2012

There are multiple senses of the word "declarative". I'd say the
terminology came from trying to figure out the difference
between describing a problem (declarative) and telling the computer exactly
how to solve it (imperative).

You might want to take a look at how Haskell and Prolog approach the
n-queens problem. The haskell solutions I've seen, with prolog as foil, now
take a positively imperative hue!

-- Kim-Ee