[Haskell-beginners] Prolog

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Sun Oct 28 07:27:34 CET 2012

Hi. I still have a lot to learn in Haskell (who doesn't?) but I was
thinking about learning Prolog on the side. I was wondering what you
thought about the language. I was interested in it primarily because I
understood it was a purely declarative language and that everything is
defined in the programs as relations. However, at the Wikipedia page it
states that Prolog is not actually purely declarative, referencing an
article which points out that it is necessary to think about Prolog
programs procedurally because of the way that Prolog resolves queries.
Is this not as big a deal as it sounds like? Or is there some other
similar language I should learn instead? (One of the "successors" of
Prolog?)

I'm fairly open minded, so long as all the tools are FOSS. Though of
course, a language with better community support, documentation, etc. is
preferable.

--
frigidcode.com
indicium.us