[Haskell-beginners] type signature error in a where clause

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Sun Nov 25 10:34:15 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Mark Wallace <lotabout at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Somehow it might seem a bit easier to me to grasp the function of a
function with the help of type signature. I'll try just omitting the
signatures, it's easier and more handy isn't it?

The unspoken wisdom goes something like this: the classic top-down FP way
of coding has you sketch out most if not all of your function signatures.
So when you hit the keyboard, a very natural thing to do is to key in all
those signatures stubbing out definitions using "undefined". You proceed
from there.

Sometimes people just use haskell as a calculator on steroids, especially
when solving project-euler-type problems. In which case, anything goes.
Needless to say, if all the practice a beginner gets is project euler,
they're missing out a lot.

-- Kim-Ee