[Haskell-beginners] type signature error in a where clause

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 24 16:45:07 CET 2012

On Samstag, 24. November 2012, 23:32:58, Mark Wallace wrote:
> Somehow it might seem a bit easier to me to grasp the function of a
> function with the help of type signature.

Definitely, type signatures are a good and unfortunately underused thing.

> I'll try just omitting the signatures, it's easier and more handy isn't it?

You can also just comment them out, so they are there to guide you, but hidden
from the compiler, so that doesn't complain.

That could be a bit irritating, though, if you forget that the type variables
in the commented-out signatures refer to the type variables in the top-level
signature.