[Haskell-beginners] exceptions and stacks

Emmanuel Touzery etouzery at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:31:09 CET 2012

> On 6 November 2012 22:15, Emmanuel Touzery <etouzery at gmail.com
> <mailto:etouzery at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     If anybody has an idea what I did wrong with the -xc and the -RTS
>     I'm all ears... I'd love to test it and find out how to make that
>     work reliably.
>

> You might want to have a look at the recent emails in ghc-users:
> (Read Simon Marlow's reply as well)
>
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2012-November/023029.html

reading this makes me think the reason why I got such an unhelpful
result with the +RTS -xc might be that I was doing that on the older
haskell platform, using GHC 7.0...
I may try it now on the latest haskell platform, with GHC 7.4 but who
knows, maybe I need GHC 7.6 to get these stack traces reliably, using
that -xc trick.

emmanuel