[Haskell-beginners] cascade of if statements

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 17:47:00 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Kim-Ee Yeoh <ky3 at atamo.com> wrote:

> <tangential rant> There is a reason why the prelude is called as such and
> not "the standard library", which is a term I don't think you can find in
> the language specs.

The word "standard" does not appear as such, but it can be inferred...

http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/haskell2010/haskellpa2.html#x20-192000II
Haskell 2010 Language Report:  The Haskell 2010 Libraries

Note however that the language of the Report's preface applies:  this is
not intended to be a standard library in the sense usually meant by
newcomers, but a conservative minimum required by all conformant
implementations.  (It's also not limited to the Prelude; neither was
Haskell98's version.)

unix/linux, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure          http://sinenomine.net