[Haskell-beginners] How to solve this using State Monad?

Miguel Negrao miguel.negrao-lists at friendlyvirus.org
Thu May 31 17:46:26 CEST 2012

A 31/05/2012, às 16:25, Michael Alan Dorman escreveu:

> Ertugrul Söylemez <es at ertes.de> writes:
>> I almost feel stupid writing these long explanations, just to see them
>> getting ignored ultimately.  The automaton arrow is one of the most
>> useful and most underappreciated concepts for state in Haskell.
>
> While I'm not sure I have a need for it right now, I definitely haven't
> ignored this exchange---I've read the individual emails, and a link to
> the archive is filed away for future use.
>
> So it's been very helpful, even if those being helped aren't
> participating per se.

+1

Because of those posts I spent my morning reading about arrows which seems a quite interesting concept, although couldn’t yet see what is best for ( I would be curious to learn it in order to try out Yampa).  I have to say that the resources I found to learn about arrows on the net were a bit disorganized. This page is really well done  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Haskell/Understanding_arrows but then because I don’t know much about parsers I couldn’t really progress through the second half.

best,
Miguel Negrão