[Haskell-beginners] Non ghc specific FRP (using uhc js backend)

Nathan Hüsken nathan.huesken at posteo.de
Wed Mar 28 21:54:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am currently informing myself about FRP. Looking at the Elerea paper
(http://sgate.emt.bme.hu/documents/patai/publications/PataiWFLP2010.pdf)
I read that it is ghc specific because of mutable references.
I am trying to use the js backend of uhc and that does not support
this.
I have tried to use other FRP libraries with uhc (by compiling a file
which does nothing but import the library) and all failed because of
something missing in Control.Concurrent.

So I am wondering: Is it a property FRP that it needs something like
mutable references for an efficient implementation.
Is there a FRP library that can be used (or can be changed so that it
can be used) with uhc and its js backend?

Thanks!
Nathan