[Haskell-beginners] gui pkgs

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 03:11:50 CET 2012

Hi Andy,

Andy <ablaroc <at> gmail.com> writes:

> [...]
> Also, is there a better toolkit for doing guis than wxHaskell?  I
> tried Glade, but it's so bug-ridden I couldn't get anything done. I need
> help.

If you're OK with just doing some GUI programming, and don't mind if
it's not wxHaskell, try out HTk (
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/htk/ ). It's outdated, but it's
quick and easy to set up with Cabal and it works. I even did a very
simple reverse-polish notation calculator using it (
https://github.com/yawaramin/HTkalc/blob/master/HTkalc.hs ).
Although mine has a pretty serious bug--it only takes single-digit
numbers as input right now. Still, it should give you a feel for the toolkit
if you're interested.

Regards,

Yawar