[Haskell-beginners] Type Tree variables

Ozgur Akgun ozgurakgun at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 15:23:58 CET 2012

(Replying to the list again)

On 11 March 2012 14:15, bahadýr altan <doaltan at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for your reply. I tried your solution but my function becomes
>  like this and it gives an error on the right side :

function (Node a (Node b _ _) (Node c _ _))  = (Node c (Node a _ _) (Node b
> _ _))

This is not what you originally said though. If you need to refer to the
subtrees, you just need to name them. (Instead of using _)

[ not a very useful function, but still: ]

f :: Tree a -> Tree a
f (Node x (Node y y1 y2) (Node z z1 z2)) = Node x (Node y y1 y2) (Node z z1
z2)
-- also think about the types: (x, y, z :: a) (y1, y2, z1, z2 :: Tree a)

--
Ozgur Akgun