[Haskell-beginners] More on trying to install Haskell platform on Lion...

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 23:20:50 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 16:04, Stuart Hungerford <stuart.hungerford at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Could someone confirm for me whether OS/X Lion is supported for
> Haskell platform (or more likely) there's a different way of going
> about installation?

The problem is not Lion, it is that

(a) Xcode 4.3 was only just released
(b) Apple does not allow details of unreleased software to be discussed
etc. before release
which means
(c) everyone who relies on Xcode got pretty much blindsided by all the
changes.

ghc hasn't quite caught up with the changes yet.  MacPorts is still
struggling with some issues involved with the release; I don't know where
Homebrew is with respect to it.  Some of the other projects I'm involved
with aren't Mac focused, and are just starting to realize that there are
problems with Xcode 4.3 support.

If you need Haskell Platform working ASAP on OS X, remove Xcode 4.3, then
download Xcode 4.2.1 from http://connect.apple.com/.