[Haskell-beginners] Improving Performance

Ertugrul Söylemez es at ertes.de
Tue Jun 19 17:01:26 CEST 2012

Robert Heumüller <mailing at heum.de> wrote:

> in order to tune my brain to "functional thinking" I've decided to
> start writing some "real" programs. After having spent a couple of
> days figuring out how to translate an imperative algorithm into
> stateless haskell I beleive I've now managed a simple implementation
> of the DBSCAN clustering algorithm.
>
> http://privatepaste.com/e6bb4fb665

When asking people to review your code, it would be very helpful to
write type signatures for your top-level functions.  This alone makes
code greatly more readable and also tells a lot about the quality right
away.  I advice you to get used to writing type signatures for yourself
as well.

Greets,
Ertugrul