[Haskell-beginners] wxHaskell install errors

carlos gomez carliros.g at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 07:25:27 CEST 2012

On 6 June 2012 23:57, Gregory Guthrie <guthrie at mum.edu> wrote:

> I did a complete re-build of wxWidgets2.9, and it seemed to complete
> successfully with a built library files: gcc_mswuddll & gcc_mswudll.

Then I went into the samples directory and built all the samples, they all
> seemed to build fine, but when I try to execute them they give:
> "   wbase293ud_gcc_custom.dll not found ...".

I'm not sure of this one.  I've looked out on my computer, that file is
on C:\wxWidgets-2.9.3*\lib\gcc_dll\*wxbase293ud_gcc_custom.dll.
If you have that one, probably the problem is because of the paths, you
need to set some paths:

Create these on Windows System variables:
WXCFG: gcc_dll\mswu
WXWIN: C:\wxWidgets-2.9.3

And add those to the 'PATH' variable
       %WXWIN%\lib\gcc_dll;%WXWIN%;

And it still doesn't seem to have installed wxc or wxcore (not in the cabal
> directory).
>
> Does anyone run WxHaskell 2.9 on Windows?

I have installed it on windows 7, I wrote a small tutorial in Spanish (
https://lazyprogramming.wordpress.com/2012/05/05/instalar-wxhaskell-0-90-en-windows-7/
).

Best wishes,
Carlos Gomez