[Haskell-beginners] How do I marshall a pointer over SendMessage LPARAM or WPARAM?

Simon Peter Nicholls simon at mintsource.org
Wed Jul 18 19:02:36 CEST 2012

It's inter-process by design.

I have a small "single instance " C++ program that I'm porting to
Haskell. Once the first instance launched is up and running,
subsequent launches send their command line params through to the
single instance (file names). Similar to when a media player queues
files in a play list.

The most recent extra clue I have is that if I wrap the SendMessage
function with my own C FFI version, my C function can both re-cast and
output the CWString I have sent, and can successfully invoke the real
SendMessage by overriding the CWString with a newly created L"blah"
string. It's just a shame it can't use the original!

My next session will involve poking around at the two strings to learn
why they are treated differently.