[Haskell-beginners] Review request

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 14:08:29 CEST 2012

Hi,
I've written a small haskell program to extract a section from a file
between start and end markers. For example, if I have a file such as below
-
        <bug>
        </bug>

I'd like to extract the contents between <bug> and </bug> (including the
markers).

startTag = "<bug>"endTag = "</bug>"
process  = unlines . specialTakeWhile (f endTag) . dropWhile (f
startTag) . lines
        where f t x = not (x =~ t)
              specialTakeWhile :: (a -> Bool) -> [a] -> [a]
              specialTakeWhile ff [] = []
              specialTakeWhile ff (x:xs) = if ff x then
x:(specialTakeWhile ff xs) else [x]

It'll be great if I could get some feedback on this.

Regards,

Kashyap