[Haskell-beginners] cmath Install troubles

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 01:57:12 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 16:37, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Tom Murphy <amindfv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible that I have a version of math.h which doesn't have
> > these definitions ("gamma," "finite," "isinf," etc.) in it?
>
> That's a good guess based on the error messages - or math.h isn't in
> whatever paths we're looking in.
>
> What sort of system are you compiling this on?

Pathnames indicated it's OS X.  My first question is whether the
appropriate Xcode is installed, including the optional components
(pre-Xcode 4, the "BSD" packages needed to compile most Unix software were
optional).  Note that Xcode 4 from the App Store actually puts an installer
program in /Applications; that has to be run to actually install Xcode.