[Haskell-beginners] gui pkgs

Andy ablaroc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:34:24 CET 2012

Hi
  I'm trying to create a calculator in Haskell, something like the one
in the enclosed image. To program the gui , I thought i might use a
toolkit such as wxHaskell to create the buttons and frame etc.. I
followed all the instructions on the wxHaskell homepage and everything
seemed to install properly. Next I tried to use it with ghci, but to no
avail.  It seems you have to register wxHaskell with ghci by using a
command like <ghci -package wx> but that crashes . Every tutorial I read
didn't work. Does anyone have a clear set of instructions,that does
work? Also, is there a better toolkit for doing guis than wxHaskell?  I
tried Glade, but it's so bug-ridden I couldn't get anything done. I need
help.