[Haskell-beginners] Download a large file using Network.HTTP

Cedric Fung root at vec.io
Mon Dec 10 14:34:16 CET 2012

Hi,

Are there any suggestions to download a large file with Haskell? I have
read the docs for Network, Network.HTTP and Network.HTTP.Conduit, but can't
find anything which fit my requirements.

I want to download a large file from an HTTP URL, and show the progress
instantly. Maybe some functions which read HTTP connection and return a
lazy ByteString could do this work?

Though I found a low-level socket lazy package, which seems to work, I just
want a more high level API.

Thanks and regards.