[Haskell-beginners] Install bullet-0.2.2 failure in OS X 10.8.2

Trung Quang Nguyen trungnq97 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:51:55 CET 2012

Hi there,

After installing c2hs, and run cabal install bullet. I got this error. Did
I miss any step?

Resolving dependencies...
Configuring bullet-0.2.2...
Building bullet-0.2.2...
Preprocessing library bullet-0.2.2...
[ 1 of 17] Compiling Physics.Bullet.Raw.Types (
Physics/Bullet/Raw/Types.hs, dist/build/Physics/Bullet/Raw/Types.o )
[ 2 of 17] Compiling Physics.Bullet.Raw.C2HS ( Physics/Bullet/Raw/C2HS.hs,
dist/build/Physics/Bullet/Raw/C2HS.o )

Physics/Bullet/Raw/C2HS.hs:211:12:
    Could not deduce (Eq a) arising from a use of `toBool'
    from the context (Num a)
      bound by the type signature for cToBool :: Num a => a -> Bool
      at Physics/Bullet/Raw/C2HS.hs:211:1-17
    Possible fix:
      add (Eq a) to the context of
        the type signature for cToBool :: Num a => a -> Bool
    In the expression: toBool
    In an equation for `cToBool': cToBool = toBool
Failed to install bullet-0.2.2
bullet-0.2.2 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Best regards,
Trung

--