[Haskell-beginners] shared files / environment / portability

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Sat Aug 25 08:09:04 CEST 2012

I'm coding a resource tracker for a game that loads images, sounds, etc.
from files, and wondering how the program will know where the files are
located on the installation system. (With C/C++ programs I usually had
the build system hardcode the appropriate share/ directory into the
config.h file.) Assuming I package for cabal distribution, what
approaches to this problem are available to me?

(P.S. Thanks for the answer to the previous question about associative
arrays.)

--
frigidcode.com
indicium.us