[Haskell-beginners] Backtrace when a certain location in the code is executed

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:32:46 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Nathan Hüsken <nathan.huesken at posteo.de>wrote:

> I am trying to understand haskell program not written by me.
> During runtime one function is called with parameters which makes the
> function throw an error. I want to know from where the function is called.

If this is an exception, as opposed to crashing with a signal, then you can
compile the program with profiling and pass it parameters "+RTS -xc" to see
the evaluation stack when the exception is thrown.  See the description of
the -xc RTS option at
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/runtime-control.html#rts-options-debugging.