[Haskell-beginners] cabal install errors & issues

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Fri Aug 17 06:12:18 CEST 2012

Thanks.
Yes, I only do simple things, so also thought I could use it as  a plug-and-play beginner, but even trying to install a few libraries for demos or other class projects (e.g. diagrams, .) put me into the midst of the cabal install dependencies not possible "you must use force, and that will break things" jungle.

I am hoping I just made a mistake using cabal-install, and if I can do a conversion into cabal-dev I will exit the various tangles. But the conversion itself seems troublesome. Perhaps I should start over with a clean install, and just avoid any cabal-install usage?

Any hints on how to reset /restart the libraries and package repositories?