[Haskell-beginners] cabal install errors

damodar kulkarni kdamodar2000 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 18:06:42 CEST 2012

Thanks for the clarification.

BTW, is PACKAGE too an acronym?

So, what can we say about cabal and cabal-doc?
The name CABAL poses no problem (after all it is but a name, acronym or
not) BUT (and it is a very big but)
the cabal documentation seems to tell users about "packages and package
management issues" from the very start AND still the experts seem to expect
from the beginners that the beginners SHOULD ignore this fact and should go
figure out what the real thing the cabal is supposed to do!!!

I think, it will be much better if the first thing the NEW cabal doc to
have is a link to the
http://ivanmiljenovic.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/repeat-after-me-cabal-is-not-a-package-manager/

regards,
-damodar