[Haskell-beginners] Getting Haddock to Link Against Dependencies

Alec Story avs38 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 7 19:37:21 CEST 2012

I'm trying to use haddock on a module I'm building, and while cabal
haddockgenerates the documentation I want, it won't link to
documentation of
dependencies (for example, Data.Word in base).

Instead, I get messages like:
Warning: My.Module: could not find link destinations for:
    GHC.Types.IO Control.Concurrent.Chan.Chan
Data.ByteString.Lazy.Internal.ByteString GHC.Classes.Eq GHC.Classes.Ord
GHC.Show.Show Data.Monoid.Monoid GHC.Word.Word16 GHC.Word.Word8
GHC.Word.Word32 GHC.Types.Int GHC.Integer.Type.Integer GHC.Word.Word64
GHC.Enum.Enum Data.Binary.Binary Data.Maybe.Maybe

I've had this working before, but I just moved to a different computer.
I'd like to have the documentation available so that I can keep working
even if I go offline.  Any idea of how to fix this?  I can compile and run
the code fine, so the dependencies are installed.

--
Alec Story
Cornell University